Friday, April 11, 2014

My brothers

Yesterday was National Sibling Day, and I've just been sitting here thinking about how lucky I am to have three very special men in my life--Patrick, Alex, and Steven.  

Most of you know that the older two, Patrick and Alex, are jockeys who have turned out to be quite successful.  Steven is only 13, but I know his success will come someday too--although it might be through being a poker player or something. ;)

I just wanted to say how proud of my brothers I am.  Growing up, it was sometimes hard being the only girl, and oh how I prayed that Steven would be the baby sister I always "wanted" (but I'm happy being the only girl and was ecstatic when God blessed me with a daughter).  

As the years passed and we've all gotten older, I continue to appreciate, love, and respect my brothers for the men they are today.  When we were younger, we NEVER had anything handed to us--and contrary to popular belief, we were very poor--yet always had just what we needed.  

A lot of people have this misconception that my brothers and I just fell into "early success" or had it handed to us from our parents, but if you know anything about any of us you would know that we literally work our butts off day in and day out for everything we have, and are able to now help provide for our parents (or at least give them nice gifts that they hate accepting!).  

My brothers are the hardest working people I know, rarely will ever take a day off, and yet still remain very humble and down-to-earth.  Just as I would do, my brothers are always the first to give or offer to help when others are in need...and whether that is a friend, acquaintance, or stranger, we do our best to provide for others because it was just a short time ago when we were in that same exact boat.  

I am so proud that my brothers turned out to be so supportive of others and empathetic...although they may not admit to being "just like their sister" lol...but it truly shows that our parents raised us "right" and in good faith.  

After having Novaley, I truly saw how much they could love someone.  They love her more than anything, and would do anything for her.  It honestly makes me tear up thinking about it.  She is so lucky to have them be apart of her everyday life--even if its just through skype, texting, or even snap chat.  Sometimes I wish we could all go back to living together so we could see each other every day, but with their jobs that's impossible, so we travel anytime we have the chance to see and spend time with them--whether they're in Phoenix, Chicago, Hot Springs, Iowa, or wherever.  It can get expensive flying back and forth, but I would never regret spending any amount of money to spend time with them.  

Even though we might fight sometimes because they think I'm being "too bossy", or acting like their "mom", at the end of the day there is no one more important than our family. 

I hope we have 100 more years together, but if not then I hope my brothers will always remember how much I love and appreciate them.  

xoxoxoxoxoxo 






























 

No comments:

Post a Comment