Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/11/11

A year ago today Joe and I found out that we were pregnant! 



It's also our friend Kyle's birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE! :)

To give you a little back story...I have been very eager to have a baby the past few years. My mom had had me when she was very young, and I always wanted to be a young mom as well.
But, everyone said wait until I graduate, get a job and we have stuff in order. 
Well, I decided that after Joe and I had moved to Houston and were settled that it was time. Joe agreed, although he was scared/nervous about the whole idea since he was student teaching and not guaranteed a job afterwards. 
He got a job thank God! 
Anyway, so come October I had read a few books, articles, etc. about becoming pregnant just because I really wanted to be prepared...and I'm just that kind of person who researches everything under the sun before making a decision about anything whether it be a coffee maker or getting pregnant!
We started "trying" in October, and I just hoped for the best!

Come November, Joe and I wanted to start exercising because we both were (are!) totally out of shape. 
I kept giving him the excuse that I didn't have any shoes to work out in, so I got a new pair of easy tones and agreed to go on a run with him. 
As I'm running I'm yawning...so I'm thinking wth is wrong with me?? I was SO exhausted and we had barely ran around the block. Honestly at the time I just thought I was THAT out of shape hahah.

The next few days go by and I'm just so exhausted all the time, no matter how much I slept. 

Friday the 11th came, and we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden. 

TMI for some people so you might want to skip this part lol....
I went to the bathroom because I thought I was getting my period because usually I get it between the 4th-7th every month, like clockwork...but no I didn't get it. 

After dinner, we're driving home and I ask Joe to stop at CVS so I can get some lactose pills.  He waits in the car and I get the pills and a pregnancy test just to check to see if I was pregnant.

We get home, and I take the test while he's watching football or something...

It's positive right away. I didn't even have to wait the 2 minutes or whatever it is....so I'm thinking OMG...never thought that we would get pregnant the first month trying.

I tell Joe and obviously he gets scared lol because he's a typical guy and honestly guys are NEVER 100% prepared for a baby. They're always going to be nervous about something, whether its financially/mentally/emotionally/etc preparing for them.

Anyways, the ironic thing is for years I have told people that something "big" is going to happen for me on 11/11/11. I always thought it would be that I would either get engaged or married...never thought it would be a baby. 

I went to the doctor the following Monday and they confirmed that I was indeed pregnant! 

Eventually we ended up telling our families and then wayyyy later on we told friends. 

To be honest I was SO PARANOID and nervous about something happening to the baby or going wrong I didn't want everyone in our business--if something God forbid, did go wrong. 

But luckily she was born very late and VERY healthy! 

We are so blessed to be her parents! 


She's our little Southern Belle :)


Hopefully Joe takes me to OG tonight...I'm starving and it's my last day before I starve myself for the week to lose my last pound of baby weight that will not go away!!!! (its so annoying I've been stuck at this weight since 3 weeks after having Novaley), so I can fit in my swimsuits next week in Florida. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment