Saturday, October 6, 2012

1 Month+

After getting back to Texas, and after Joe's parents, sister Stephanie, and grandma left, Joe started teaching full time at an intermediate school. 

Thank God he passed his MN teaching license test!!! Those were quite stressful to say the least.

Anyways, it was kind of weird when everyone left because for so many months (May-the end of August) we had always been around our families. I loved it though, I'll admit for someone who "never" gets homesick, you definitely do when you're 1200 miles away and pregnant. 

It was also soooo nice to spend time with my brothers who are usually all over the place at different race tracks during the year.  It's so sweet how much they really love Novaley. 




Here's a very rare picture of all of us together! Taken at the race track of course haha. 


Anyways, so it was weird when it was just me, Joe and Novaley. Not a "bad" weird, just sort of lonely. 


While Joe is at work Novaley and I spend the majority of our day listening to music, eating, sleeping, crafting, playing, and online shopping for things she doesn't probably need. 

I buy a majority of her things on Etsy, so I don't feel as guilty about spending as much money as I do since I am supporting stay at home moms haha. Seriously though, I have a serious problem. Like an addiction. 
One of these days I'll give you a tour of her room...not her nursery because we are living in an apartment right now for the next 6 months before we buy a house, so its just her room...until we move into a house and she has a real decorated nursery. Also I haven't finished hanging up all her clothes so it is a mess right now! Once its all rearranged I'll put up some pics. 

After Joe gets home from work we either eat dinner, play with Novaley or feed her...then around 7 or 8 we try to do more tummy time, bath, bottle, bed.  So we have been trying to do this around those times, but honestly she won't go to sleep until around 10 or 11. 
She's a little night owl like her parents!!

Once she's sleeping she usually doesn't wake up until 330 or 4...sometimes 5. She'll wake up for about 10 minutes for a diaper change and short feeding and basically be sleeping through the whole thing haha. Then she's back to sleep until Joe's alarm clock wakes her up because he never shuts it off!!!!!!!!! Sometimes she will eat again, but she usually goes back to sleep until 9 or 10 depending on if she's sleeping with me or in her own bed.

 That's pretty much our routine every day. She's a great baby and only cries when she's hungry. 

The past 2 weeks I actually spent in Minnesota and Chicago....so I'll try to write about all that tomorrow!! 

Goodnight!!




No comments:

Post a Comment