Thursday, October 4, 2012

The First Month!

Since I am starting this blog now, Novaley is already 10 weeks old! I have a lot of catching up to do!
I would start with her birth story, but it is extremely long and I know most people that know Joe and I know that it was quite the process...basically I went in on Monday (7/23) to start the induction process because she was already 9 days late...had cervadil, cytotec, lots of pitocin, lots of pain, catheter problems, blood, etc. haha and didn't end up having her until 1:09pm on Thursday 7/26/2012 via c-section!!!
Not what I ever thought was going to happen, I'll admit that I was terribly disappointed being that I am only 22 and this was my first baby...but with a 2nd OBGYN's opinion and a few other problems (not to mention I had been in labor since Monday)...he made the final decision that even if I did try having her vaginally she would have been too big (he believed she was WELL OVER 8 pounds..being that I'm only 5 ft tall and quite petite that was a problem) and they would have needed to use forceps/the vacuum, etc. to get her out...or she would get stuck and I would need to have a c-section anyways.
So I cried, and then I had a c-section.
In the end, all that mattered was that she came out screaming and very healthy...the doctor had been right, she was WELL OVER 8 pounds...being born 13 days past my due date she weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces, 21 inches long and had a full head of dark hair.

Here's our first family picture!


If anyone has any questions about having a c-section or the recovery process feel free to ask me anything!


At The Hospital...

Joe and I were so lucky to have such great nurses, doctors, techs, etc. while we were in the hospital for nearly a week!

Novaley had a lot of visitors including family and friends...Here are a few pics of the first ones:









She also got a lot of flowers and gifts!

Although I was exhausted most of the time and out of it because I was on so many pain killers (which I had never taken before) because of my c-section, Joe and I loved seeing everyone and introducing them to Novaley!

We had a great hospital experience, but we were glad to go home Sunday afternoon.


At Home...Well Sort-of


Those of you that know me and Joe know that during part of the year we live in Houston where I am finishing grad school and Joe teaches.  So, during the summer we were living with either set of our parents until we went back to Houston in August.

The majority of the time was spent at my family's house, and I was glad to have their help while I was recovering and Joe was back at work!





Okay so my brother's didn't help THAT MUCH..2 of them are jockeys so that pretty much consumes their entire day..and the other one is only 12 haha..but my parents did...okay my mom did...my dad is extremely busy in the summer with horse racing......anyways thanks mom!

Before Joe had to leave to Houston for work we did spend a week in Winona with his family, which was nice because his side got to see the baby and we also had her baptism the morning before he flew out!





Baptism

Such a great day! Thanks to all of our family and friends who made it out to celebrate such a special day with us! Also, thanks to my brother Patrick and Joe's sister Rachel for accepting the role as godparents!







 Novaley's Custom Swarovski Crystal Baptism Shoes were $64.99 and can be found on Etsy from this seller! Thanks mom and dad! :)




 Back to Texas!

After Novaley's baptism, the 2 of us stayed in MN for a little while longer while Joe attended training's and meetings for school. 

A few weeks later, it was time to say goodbye to family and friends in MN and drive down to our new place in Houston. 


She did great in the car!

Moving into a short-term apartment on the 3rd floor was quite the process...not a fun one when its well over 100 degrees every day. But, thanks to Joe's parents and sister Stephanie for helping us get all of our stuff moved in! 

That pretty much sums up the first month in a nutshell! 



I'm going to try to add this about every other day...maybe every day until I get myself caught up with her first 2 months. Check back soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment