Monday, October 8, 2012

Back in Minnesota and Road Trip to Chicago!

After having a c-section...after my 2 week check up, I had to go back again 4 weeks later for my 6 week check up to make sure everything was healing properly. Including my internal stitches! Fun stuff! Well my doctor had said I could see any OBGYN down here and they could check everything out, but I just didn't feel comfortable with that...so lucky me, I found a cheap ticket on Southwest (love them!) for Sept 19-26. I actually ended up changing it to Oct 1st so I could go to Chicago and see Alex ride at Arlington.  

So I booked the flight and took Novaley to the pediatrician right across the street a few days before we left to check out the noisy breathing she had been having since 2 weeks...no I'm not a bad mom I had taken her in twice before that to have the dr check it out but she only makes the noise while eating and sleeping, so they never heard it when I brought her in...until I got smarter and taped her doing it a few times.
The pediatrician said that she thought that Novaley had tracheomalacia, which was somewhat common but what worried her was that Novaley's was so much louder than most babies she heard so she ordered x-rays and referred me to a pediatric ENT. 
That's one thing that bothers me about the doctors down here in TX...they're always sending you to ten different places for basic things like lab work, or x-rays. They can't just do it at their location. 
Instead of taking her ten different places here in TX by myself, I asked her other doctor in MN if she could give me a referral and if I could have the x-rays done at the hospital right by our house. She did of course so we added that to our list of things to do while back in MN.

A few days later we flew back to MN where both of us had about a million different appointments. 

While we were back I had to go to the dentist to see about getting my Wisdom teeth out...which I was going to do, but then found out I had to go to the GI to get my stomach and acid reflux checked out post c-section.  That took priority over getting my expensive wisdom teeth taken out haha. I went to those 2 places, and of course had my 6 week c-section check up. 

Here she is on our second day back trying out her new bath...

Later that night my mom gave her a gummy worm to hold on to since she didn't have a rattle there haha.

Mixed in all of those appointments were all of Novaley's appointments.  First she had 2 x-ray appointments at the hospital the morning before her pediatric ENT appointment. Those weren't very fun since they had to do chest x-rays and then neck ones. The chest ones weren't bad..but when it came time to do her neck and they had to stretch her neck, she was not liking that one bit!! She cried for a while, and my mom took her back home so I could go to my doctor's appointment which was in the hospital 15 minutes later. 

Later that day we went to her ENT appointment. Again, not fun. Actually it was probably more traumatic for me as a mom then it was for her since she probably doesn't remember what happened. 
While we were there he wanted to look in her nose and throat after he had done a general check up. This required him putting numbing drops in her nose and then taking this small camera tube thing with a light on the end and sticking it down her nose into her throat. His nurse had to hold her head while I held down her arms. 
TERRIBLE!!!!!!!
She screamed and cried until she got back in the car and fell asleep. 

But, the good news was we finally figured out what the noise was from that she had been making for so many weeks. Novaley has laryngomalacia.  She also has acid reflux, so the doctor prescribed Zantac (which Novaley HATES taking..and I don't blame her it tastes terrible!) and she takes that twice a day.  This has since greatly improved her breathing, but she does need to return to the ENT in a month or so.  

 Then, the following Monday she had to see her normal doctor for her 2 month shots! All four of them. Well, 3 of them are actual shots and then 1 is an oral vaccine. 
Before shots:

After:

Haha so she doesn't look to pleased, but she did awesome. Only cried for a few seconds and then fell asleep. 
She's such a good baby!

Later that day we decided to stay a few extra days to see Alex in Chicago since it only cost $40 extra dollars to change our flight...

Tuesday mom had her makeover at Revamp! Salon with Christopher Hopkins! Him and his team did an awesome job! She looks completely different!


Novaley was a little mad we had to sit at the salon for 4 hours.....but everyone loved her!!



On Wednesday she turned 2 months! Here's a pic from my phone...


My parents bought her this piano play mat for her 2 month birthday...it is by far her favorite toy!!



Then Thursday we drove to Winona to surprise Joe's mom for her birthday!

Thursday came...

Then Friday, and it was finally time to drive to Chicago for the weekend!

Arlington!

My grandpa had actually taken me here with my mom about 21 years ago, so I thought that we had to stay so Novaley could go when she was a baby too!! Ironically, my brother Alex had been riding here for the past couple of weeks. So of course we wanted to stay a few more days to see him! 

Here he is on the big screen!


 Some lady taking a picture of him lol.....


 Here I am really happy!! haha.

After the races on Saturday we went to some Mexican restaurant to eat....Steven took this lovely picture:


The next day we went back for the last day of racing!
She didn't really sit in the stroller like this...she's still too small haha. 

After the races it was time to say goodbye. :( 
But we had a great time while we were there visiting with my brother and watching him ride! 



We drove back home that night, and the next day we flew back to Texas! 


Novaley was sad we had to leave Minnesota, but Joe was glad that we were back! 



Now I'm finally almost all caught up, but I still have to write about baby shower #4 that Joe's co-workers threw for us last week! So I will do that tonight or tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment